Tuesday, January 10, 2012

choo, choo....

JuMpIn' on the PROJECT 52 train.  Thank you, Allena, for getting me motivated!  So, here are my 52 goals for 2012, in no particular order:
1.  Cook dinner for my family 4 nights a week.- this is going well!  granted, some nights it's mac n cheese, but my goal was to just not go out to eat so often.   This has been hard with the move, but I will get back on track when we get settled in.  
2.  Work out 4 times a week.- got this one...although I have just regained movement in my legs from Sunday so this week might be a little slow.  I have been sucking at this right now.  Ready to get back in a groove. 
3.  Be in bed by 10:00 at night.- YES.  This has made a HUGE difference for me.  I may not be asleep by 10:00, but I have been in bed every night by then.  I feel so much better and well rested during the day.
4.  Keep up with my blog...at least 3 posts a week.- so far, so good.  Obviously, I have not kept my word on this one. 
5.  ORGANIZE my pictures. SO. MANY. PICTURES. Got a good start with a few photo books.
6.  Read.  I love it, but I definitely don't make enough time for it.  I am excited we got a Kindle Fire for Christmas!  I think that will help.- Still haven't read a book.   Read SEVERAL books!  YAY!  Love the Kindle!
7.  Paint upstairs kid bathroom.- decided to move instead.
8.  Get more manicures.- my nails are awesome right now!  going every couple of weeks.  well worth $10!
10.  Print and frame some recent pictures of the kids.- will do when we move into new house!
11.  Spend time each night talking to the girls.  Really talking, it's amazing what they have to say.
12.  Sign the kids up for swim lessons BEFORE summer.
13.  Snuggle more with my dog.
14.  Make sure Adelyn knows her letters and sounds before kindergarten.- almost there!
15.  Limit my diet coke intake to two per day {I am drinking one as I do this and it's only 9:23 AM}.- I am going to fail at this one.  For sure.
16.  Write and mail at least one hand-written letter to someone each month.- Done for January, and I know who I am writing for February.
17.  Accept compliments with a thank-you, and not an explanation or self put-down...ex. "You look great". Me: "Oh, thanks, but I still have ten pounds of baby weight to lose."- definitely doing better with this.  a simple "thank-you" is much better. 
18.  Believe in my photography skills.  I do have a good eye.
19.  Get rid of clothes that I haven't worn in the last two years.
20.  Date night once a month.- January's was to Gino's Italian restaurant in Round Rock and it was good! I did get some serious stomach cramps right before dinner, so my conversation sucked.  I told Dave I was so nervous about date night that I made myself sick.  ha!  Oh well, we'll have February. We have continued this!  So fun!
21.  Go on a weekend getaway with Dave.  I am thinking Chicago.  mmmm....Giordano's- in the works for July.  Went to Vegas.  Always fun. ;-)
22.  Do at least three spontaneous day trips with the kids.  We woke up one morning before Christmas and decided to go to Sea World.  It was completely unplanned, but SO MUCH FUN. {although if I make this a goal, I guess it might not be spontaneous} oh well.- we planned a trip to Disney just out of the blue yesterday, so that counts!!  It is going to be a surprise for the kids!
23.  Spend individual time with Aubrey and Adelyn.  Even if it's just an hour or two every now and then.
24.  Go to two concerts.  I mean, we live in the Live Music Capital of the World, right?- saw Todd Snider  at Gruene Hall last weekend and we saw The Dan Band New Years Eve, so that counts!
25.  Make a home-made dessert once a week.  Life is too short to not eat dessert, people.- This has been awesome!
26.  Read one book that Dave suggests.  It will probably be about finance or investing in real estate...yawn.
27.  Make a will.  God forbid something happens to both of us, but you never know. Working on it!
28.  During the school year, get out of bed BEFORE Aubrey makes it downstairs, fully dressed.  ha!  I am not a morning person.- I have managed this during the month of January!  YES!  
29.  Adopt a family for Thanksgiving.
30.  Adopt a family for Christmas.  My grandma, parents, uncle and I did this for Christmas and it was an awesome experience.  I would like to donate to that group this year, but ALSO pick a family that just our little family adopts.
31.  Complete P90X2...Dave and I started it two days ago, so I would love to actually do the full 90 days.
32.  Sign up for a photography workshop or class.
33.  Make it to Louisiana to visit our friends.
34.  Take the girls to a college football or basketball game.- Going this weekend!
35.  Take the kids to Gruene to listen to live music.
36.  Spend the night at a bed & breakfast.  We are more hotel people, so this is kinda out of our comfort zone.
37.  Find out an activity the girls are interested in and sign them up for a summer camp that focuses on it.
38.  Go to a sing-along or quote-along at Alamo Drafthouse.
39.  ORGANIZE the wine tour that I paid for on Morgan's list BEFORE my voucher expires in August.  Any takers?- my neighbor wants to go, yay! booked for June 30!
40.  Give money to a homeless person once a week.  I don't really care what they buy with it, people.  It would suck to be homeless.-  I need to tweak this one...turns out I don't see homeless people every week. I decided to do it when the opportunity presents itself, so that's what I do.  
41.  Keep my eyebrows waxed on a regular basis and not just when they get out of control.  Ha!  Sometimes it gets bad.
42.  Clean out my car once a week.  I am pretty good at this, but I need to continue.
43.  Go to the beach this summer.
44.  Go to the shooting range with Dave, and pretend to like it.  What can I say, guns scare me.
45.  Buy more fresh fruit and veggies.- We have had fresh fruit in the house every single day of January! Such a great thing!  The kids love having fresh fruit...now, the veggies??  need to work on that one.
46.  Add some color to my wardrobe.  Not sure why I am so drawn to black.  Easy, I guess.  I love colorful scarves!  Perfect for that pop of color!
47.  Plan ahead for my Christmas cookies and cocoa party...make cookie dough the week before and not the day of!!
48.  Do not look at my phone in the car, even if I am stopped at a stop light.....just put it away until I get to my destination.
49.  Take a girls trip to Canton.  Once again, any takers? ;-)
50.  Book a family portrait session.  I take lots of pictures of other people, but never get people to take pictures of us.
51.  Plan more playdates for the kids. This has been easier since we've been in Salado.  
52.  Donate $5 for each goal not met.

So, there you have it.  Time to get busy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! I will have to send you my list so you can help keep me honest. Seriously, you are awesome at photography (accept that compliment graciously). Y'all are our Drafthouse friends so we're in. Canton was a goal that I did not complete last year, so good luck! - Allison

Allena said...

Yay! Great list!

The Kohl's said...

We will go to Canton, we are always game for that. Just let us know when and we are there if we can make it that month, if not, the next!

The Kohl's said...

ps, it is just down the road from us.

RedWhiting's said...

Great list. I'm just catching up on my blog reading!

18. You are a great photographer. Want to do more of my boys?
43. In Port Aransas, www.villagewalk13.com, is the house we stay at.
49. I love Canton, just need time to ditch the monsters.
51. The boys are a group by themselves...and they love parks :)